Re: R: PostgreSQL book - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Freedman
Subject Re: R: PostgreSQL book
Date
List pgsql-general
I stopped buying from and supporting Amazon.com over both their one-click
patent (enforced against Barnes & Noble and now recently, very publicly,
licensed to apple.com even though Bezos stated to Tim O'Reilly in a public
discussion on business patents that it would be used for _defensive_
purposes only) and their newer patent on affiliate shopping networks.

Other people have mentioned the obvious barnesandnoble.com.  I wanted to
suggest that people check out bookpool.com.  I've found terrific discounts
from them (O'Reilly books are normally 40% off) and their shipping is
dirt-cheap with no handling surcharges.  All the books I've received have
always been in very good condition.

Take care,

Daniel