Database corruption.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Database corruption....
Date
List pgsql-general
  Hello,
I have problem with my database - there is a table, called stats, which
isn't working... The problem looks like this:
www=> select count(login) from stats;
ERROR:  cannot read block 839 of stats
FATAL 1:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
        before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.

 And I had this error, too:
FATAL: s_lock(401d2004) at bufmgr.c:1106, stuck spinlock. Aborting.
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

Somebody got a clue what can I do ? There is a chapter in the manual about
recovery, but looks like there weren't any volunteers to write it...
I'm using postgresql-6.5.3 from Debian 2.2 potato.

p.s. this is somehow urgent :) If there is quick and dirty fix, it will
be great :)