Re: Cleaning up template 1 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thomas Good
Subject Re: Cleaning up template 1
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Due to an accident with a script, I created about 200 objects in the
>  template1 database instead of the database for which they were
>  intended.
> I am now faced with either deleting each of these object individually,
>  or dumping my whole postgresql installation and re-installing each
>  user database, one at a time.
>
> Can anyone suggest any shortcuts for fixing this problem?

Josh,

Isn't template0 around for events like this?  (maybe if template1
goes missing, etc...)

I read somewhere that you can drop template1 and recreate it from
template0...

Tom

Thomas Good                                         tomg@admin.nrnet.org
Programmer/Analyst                                  phone:  718-818-5528
Residential Services, Behavioral Health Services    fax:    718-818-5056
Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers              mobile: 917-282-7359
SQL Clinic - An Open Source Clinical Record            www.sqlclinic.net