Re: DBD-Pg vs Pg Perl interface - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Good
Subject Re: DBD-Pg vs Pg Perl interface
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Steve Heaven wrote:

> We currently use the Pg Perl module to interface our CGI scripts to Postgres.
> What would be the advantages/disadvantages to changing to the more generic
                                                             1) ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> DBI/DBD-Pg style interface?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

...Portability

2) "Programming the Perl DBI Interface" by Tim Bunce/Alligator Descarte
3) DBI mailing list
4) Syntax reminiscent of ESQL/C

               SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good                          tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
IS Coordinator / DBA                 Phone: 718-354-5528
                                     Fax:   718-354-5056