Re: [GENERAL] Interbase replacement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Howie
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Interbase replacement
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, David Warnock wrote:

> [SNIP]
> critical (at least for some)
> - support for Windows 9x

as in a native port of pgsql to ms-windows or as in odbc drivers ( which
postgresql already has ) ?

> - transaction log with roll forward from backups
>
> desireable
> - stored procedures

there was a huge discussion on this earlier.  i think its coming rsn.

> - relational integrity via foreign keys

due in 7.x i think ( im not a pgsql developer ).  for now one can use
'refint' ( $PGSQL_SRC_ROOT/contrib/spi/refint.* ) to get some degree of
foreign key support.  check the list archive for extended discussions on
it.

www.pgsql.com has the necessary info.

> [SNIP]

---
Howie <caffeine@toodarkpark.org>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you.
 All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in."