Interbase replacement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Warnock
Subject Interbase replacement
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Interbase replacement
Re: [GENERAL] Interbase replacement
List pgsql-general
Hi,

We use Postgresql, but we also use Interbase. However, at present there
is a question mark over the future of Interbase (the top people have all
resigned and we do not yet know what inprise will do with the product,
there are rumours it will be dropped).

Many users of Interbase are currently looking at alternatives.  Of these
Postgresql is in many ways one of the best options.  It lacks only a few
things

critical (at least for some)
- support for Windows 9x
- transaction log with roll forward from backups

desireable
- stored procedures
- relational integrity via foreign keys

Would it be possible to find ways to pay postgresql developers to add
these things? We would be very happy to pay several $1000 for these and
it might be possible to find others from the Interbase community.

I know that we have discussed Win 9x before and that there are technical
issues. I am hoping that with funds ways around these could be found.

Dave