Re: [HACKERS] Re: TO_CHAR() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zakkr
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: TO_CHAR()
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > this is my new (experimental) TO_CHAR() function (compatible with oracle),
> > it is available on: ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/pg/TO_CHAR-0.1.tar.gz.
> > Any comments ?
>
> Nice! So, there is a routine to go the other way in Oracle
> (format()??) and if we have both then we're cookin'

Thank! But.. sorry, I don't understand you. What other way in the Oracle
(format()??) ?

What make with this code next? Is it interesting for developers (hmm, to this
discussion join you (Thomas) and me only, but others probably needn't
TO_CHAR, TO_NUMBER, TO_DATE) ..?
                    Zakkr