Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Amos Hayes
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Tom Good wrote:

> Marc - I know this is a hassle and I know we have a multiplicity of
> lists already but I really do see a need for a user orientation list.
>
> I would hope we could get some ringers on it (Constantin, Jose, Tom, etc.)
> If there is something I could do to assist, let me know.  It might
> keep me out of trouble!

I would like to see an obvious forum for newbies. It could be a new list
(pgsql-newbie) or even just an inclusion in the mandate of an existing
list (pgsql-general?). As a postgresql newbie, I haven't yet seen an
obvious destination that advertises itself as welcome to newbie questions.

And as an after-thought, a seperate newbie list might be a useful lump of
posts for identifying perceived areas of weakness in the documentation.

--
Amos Hayes                      Systems Architect
ahayes@ingenia.com            Ingenia Group - Software Kinetics Ltd.

"Remember: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
   - ELEANOR ROOSEVELT