Re: [DOCS] FAQ organization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrice Hédé
Subject Re: [DOCS] FAQ organization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I agree 100% with everything you said.  I just wanted to mention that if
> you find frequent questions that should addressed in the manual
> pages/docs, or error messages, please let us know so we can add them
> there too.  I am sure there are many that I have missed.

Ok. I'll do it in two steps : first, SGMLize the FAQ and adding entries,
then look at it and say "this should go here, that should move there,
etc..." in coordination with Tom and all the docs-enthousiasts :)

> I have taken a minimalist approach to the FAQ, partially because I have
> not concentrated on it.  I am looking forward to a better, more
> comprehensive FAQ.  I have been particularly lacking in adding FAQ items
> for novice questions.

Well, you have so much to do besides the FAQ. As I don't do any coding,
I'll be able to focus on docs, and especially the FAQ. I still wonder how
you all are able to find the time to code, debug, document, and still
keeping answering people on the mailing list and all ! :)

Patrice

--
Patrice HÉDÉ --------------------------------- patrice@idf.net -----