Re: Slashdot discussion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Howie
Subject Re: Slashdot discussion
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > > #mysql has much more activity than does #postgresql, and since I prefer
> > > this method of communication over mailing-lists, I found this to be very
> > > much in MySQL's favor.
> >
> > Hmm. So which server do most postgresql people hang out on?
>
> EFNet, channel #PostgreSQL ... always someone there, but activity on it
> tends to be sporatic ...

We also have quite a few PostgreSQL people in EFnet's #Linux, along with a
nice little bot called 'helper' that consults a PostgreSQL database for
knowledgebase (and THEN some) stuff.  Just make sure you join #linux with
identd on; we've had a lot of problems with people abusing open proxies.

---
Howie <caffeine@toodarkpark.org>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
 to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."