Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL - most advanced open software database engine - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Good
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL - most advanced open software database engine
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, JohnDz wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > I would like to propose we start using the phrase:
> >         PostgreSQL - the most advanced open software database engine
> > Comments?

> perhaps PostgreSQL should adopt a slogan like:
> PostgreSQL: Enabling the information age.
              ^^^^^^^^
Isn't that term often employed with a perjorative attached? (by
Alcoholics Anonymous ;-)

Seriously, how about:

                                 PostgreSQL
               The most advanced database engine available -
                         on CD and by free download!

                        [ http://www.postgresql.org ]

This example may be trite but the good bottom line is also a hook.
I also like the flaming logo/slogan (can't recall where I saw it):

     The future of relational databases is here: PostgreSQL.

Cheers,
Tom

        User Guide Dog Database Project
  Project Coordinator:  Peter J. Puckall <ppuckall@cableregina.com>