Re: [GENERAL] Graphical database maintenence design tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Graphical database maintenence design tool
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Peter Cordone wrote:

> I am new to Postgres and somewhat new to Linux and Unix.  I am trying to
> find a graphical tool that I can use to do my database table design, in
> XWindows or one that I can run in Microsoft Windows NT over my network.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything?

There are also quite a few Java JDBC Applications out there that will run
on both Linux and NT without recompiling. Check on www.gamelan.com

I know of two works in progres for Postgresql:

  WIDD by Nicolas Prochazka <nprochaz@etu.info.unicaen.fr> is in its early
stages, but it looks pretty good. It can handle the display of large
objects, and sql queries open up browser windows.

  Finder by me is a little larger, but it's primarily an Astronomical
application, with some PostgreSQL management functions, and the ability to
display query results in both tabular and graphical forms.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk