Re: [QUESTIONS] Accessing Postgresfrom JBuilder using JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] Accessing Postgresfrom JBuilder using JDBC
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Patrick Scott Pierce wrote:

> Peter,
>
> In case anyone ask:
>
> Here is what I did to ResultSet.java to get the proper Timestamp:
>   public Timestamp getTimestamp(int columnIndex) throws SQLException
>   {
>     SimpleDateFormat df = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:sszzz");
>     df.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getDefault());
>     String s = getString(columnIndex);
>     if (s != null)
>       {
>         try {
>           java.util.Date d = df.parse(s);
>           return new Timestamp(d.getTime());
>         } catch (ParseException e) {
>           throw new SQLException("Bad Timestamp Format: at " +
> e.getErrorOffset() + "
>  in " + s);
>         }
>       }
>     return null;                // SQL NULL
>   }
>
> It allows me to update Timestamp on jbuilder.  I don't know what the
> ramifications are elsewhere.

I'm working on the driver this weekend, so I'll test it out then.

> I never did look into the authorization wierdness.  Frankly, it works and
> I don't have time to figure out why ;)  I did some stuff to getDate to get
> it to work for me as well if anyone has a problem.  I don't know how much
> of this would effect people not using jbuilder so it may be a moot point.

I'll be interested in seeing any changes that you made to get you working.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder