Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTION] JDBC and pg_hba on 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTION] JDBC and pg_hba on 6.2
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Forwarded to pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org

[ thanks marc - I keep forgetting to do this ;-) ]

> On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Bryan Basham wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been using PostgreSQL 6.2 and JDBC for a few months now, but
> > only accessing the DB from my local host.  I am now attempting to
> > connect to my DB server host remotely (the remote server is gru.org
> > and my local host is bela.basham.bhi.com).
> >
> > I tried the JDBC_Test program, but it fails:
> >
> > > java JDBC_Test jdbc:postgresql://gru.org:5432/gru
> > Connecting to Database URL = jdbc:postgresql://gru.org:5432/gru
> > Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to authenticate client as Postgres
> >   user 'basham' using the default authentication type: be_recvauth: host-based authentication failed
> >
> > I have the following entry in the servers pg_hba.conf file:
> >
> > # All any connection from Bela.Basham.BHI.COM
> > host         all         10.237.124..1  255.255.255.255   trust

This looks ok, and I can't remember 6.2 giving any problems of this kind
before.

Does gru.org or bela have multiple ip addresses? What platform is the
gru.org running on?

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder