Re: [FYI] german postgresql docs - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Karsten Schulz
Subject Re: [FYI] german postgresql docs
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> Great! Are you translating the sgml source docs?

no, not at this moment. Christian translated the HTML code. We are
working to get this DocBook-Stuff running on our machines and we will
switch to SGML-translation, when this is done.

> If so, should we
> include those in the CVS tree, or can you suggest another way of keeping
> track of the latest versions?

I suggest to include our SGML source, when we will have started our work
on SGML. I'm afraid, it will last a couple of weeks before we do so.
But I think it is a good idea to keep the docs in one place.

> [...]
> translations. I can generate context diffs from CVS, but if you have
> other ideas please speak up.

I will tell you, when we will have switched to SGML. diffs sounds great :-)

> We've recently seen complete translations in Spanish and Chinese, and
> this will be a fantastic addition to the set.

Thank you!

have fun,
Karsten

--
Linux Systemhaus Schulz                       Tel.: 0231 3944432
Karsten Schulz                                Fax.: 0231 3944435