Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql v6.5 changes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A James Lewis
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql v6.5 changes
Date
List pgsql-general
You need to have the readline libraries installed.....  This works for me
in 6.5, as it did in the beta, and infact in 6.4.0 too....

Make sure that configure can see the readline libraries....

James

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Bob Kruger wrote:

> A quick question -
>
> Last week I compiled and ran ver 6.5 beta2.  I noticed that the "up arrow"
> key would allow me to easily edit my previous command.  In working out a
> quick query, I always thought this was a nice feature that MySQL had and
> Postgres did not.
>
> I have since downloaded and compiled v6.5, and noticed that this function
> has gone away.
>
> Did I do something by chance to enable this, or has this feature been
> withdrawn from the distribution version.  Or, do I need to do something to
> bring this feature back?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Bob

A.J. (james@fsck.co.uk)
Sometimes you're ahead, somtimes you're behind.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.