Re: [GENERAL] \d shows all my tables twice - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Walton
Subject Re: [GENERAL] \d shows all my tables twice
Date
List pgsql-general
I second Karl DeBisschop's comments below.  It took me hours to get
postgresql working on an HP/UX system, compared with minutes on Linux.
I'm using Linux as our main database server now.

By the way, I know about using pg_dump to backup the database and I do
that.  Is there a good way to maintain a second identical copy of the
database on another machine?  Will simply copying the dump over and
restoring it with psql do the trick?  Would I need to delete an old copy
of the same database first?  We have a somewhat slow Internet connection
to our Linux system's location and it would be nice to have an alternate
site with the same data.

--
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge