Re: [GENERAL] \d shows all my tables twice - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karl DeBisschop
Subject Re: [GENERAL] \d shows all my tables twice
Date
Re: [GENERAL] \d shows all my tables twice  (Stephen Walton <swalton@galileo.csun.edu>)
List pgsql-general
>   From: Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
>
>   You have duplicate entries in pg_shadow/pg_user table.
>
>   >
>   > I'm using the postgresql-6.5.3-1 rpm from PostgreSQLs website on
>   > redhat 6.0
>   >
>   > Some time between yesterday and today postgres developed the habit of
>   > listing all may table twice when I do \d or \dS from psql.  Right now
>   > this is only annoying, but does this mean there is a system corruption
>   > I need to fix?
>   >
>   > I've destroyed all my databases other than template1 and vacuumed in
>   > template1.  My next thought is to reinstall, but I'd rather not if I
>   > don't have too.
>   >
>   > --
>   > Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com>

Dead on right.  Duplicates for postgres itself and the two admins.
Thanks.

By the way, you guys are great.  I really appreciate the work you do.
And I wanted to say the the RPM packaging was very well done in my
opinion - it installed like a dream, and the init script did a perfect
job of saving me the effort of manually initializing the DBMS.  Kudos
to all involved.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com>
617.832.0332 (Fax: 617.956.2696)

Information Please - your source for FREE online reference
http://www.infoplease.com  - Your Ultimate Fact Finder
http://kids.infoplease.com - The Great Homework Helper

Netsaint Plugins Development
http://netsaintplug.sourceforge.net