Re: When to hold Pg East - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: When to hold Pg East
Date
Re: When to hold Pg East
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> While I am currently negotiating where to hold Pg East, it would be
> great if we could get some community to help us determine WHEN to hold
> Pg East.

Your question about the weekend is a bit ambiguous.  Right now, people may
think that a "no" vote is voting for having the conference during the
week.  I think what you meant to ask is something like this (the wording
could be better if the question were inverted, didn't want to invalidate
previous votes):

The bulk of East will take place during a weekend.  Should the entire
conference be held then?

* Yes, weekend only
* No, I'd also like a 3rd day during the week

You also might want to throw a disclaimer into the date area that voting
for "Late May" would still respect the PGCon schedule.  As the second
mover here, I think your only viable options here are snuggling up next to
it (East on May {15/}16/17 would open an interesting combo trip
possibility for long distance travellers, PHL->YYZ is a quick flight), or
staying clear of that period altogether.