Re: compiling, performance of PostGreSQL 8.3 on 64-bit processors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: compiling, performance of PostGreSQL 8.3 on 64-bit processors
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Benjamin Weaver wrote:

> I have heard of problems arising from compiling PostGreSQL (8.3) on
> 64-bit processors.

From who?

> We are will run Linux Redhat 5

If there were any problems compiling and running PostgreSQL on 64-bit
RHEL5, I wouldn't be writing this message right now because I'd be hiding
from angry customers circling with torches and pitchforks.  And Tom Lane
would have already committed ritual suicide in shame.