compiling, performance of PostGreSQL 8.3 on 64-bit processors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Weaver
Subject compiling, performance of PostGreSQL 8.3 on 64-bit processors
Date
Re: compiling, performance of PostGreSQL 8.3 on 64-bit processors  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Re: compiling, performance of PostGreSQL 8.3 on 64-bit processors  (Ben <bench@silentmedia.com>)
List pgsql-general
Dear All,

1.  I have heard of problems arising from compiling PostGreSQL (8.3) on 64-bit
processors.  What sort of problems am I likely to encounter and how should I fix
them?  We are will run Linux Redhat 5 on a Dell PE2950 III Quad Core Xeon E54
2.33 GHz, and a Dell PE2950 III Quad Core Xeon L5335 2.0 GHz.

2.  Are there performance problems running PostGreSQL 8.3 on a 64-bit processor?

Thanks in advance.

Yours Ben Weaver

--
Benjamin Weaver
Faculty Research Associate, Imaging Papyri, Greek Fragments Projects, Oxford