Re: How to Sponsor a Feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: How to Sponsor a Feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> In reality though, what should happen is we should have a list of
>> companies and consultants that are willing to be paid to implement
>> features, todos and bug fixes.
>
> I think the professional support company listing is already that list.

It is a much larger superset of that list.  There's a lot of entries there
that provide support in various ways, but not core code customizations.
You cannot expect anyone not already involved in the community to have any
idea which of those companies have any track record of getting new
features implemented.

Maybe all that's needed is to extend the "provides" section there with a
tag for those who are willing to take that sort of work on.