Re: How to Sponsor a Feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: How to Sponsor a Feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Greg Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> In reality though, what should happen is we should have a list of
>>> companies and consultants that are willing to be paid to implement
>>> features, todos and bug fixes.
>>
>> I think the professional support company listing is already that list.
>
> It is a much larger superset of that list.  There's a lot of entries
> there that provide support in various ways, but not core code
> customizations. You cannot expect anyone not already involved in the
> community to have any idea which of those companies have any track
> record of getting new features implemented.
>
> Maybe all that's needed is to extend the "provides" section there with
> a tag for those who are willing to take that sort of work on.

Plus an ability to filter the list on those criteria. I'd also like to
see a space for companies to state which PostgreSQL major contributors
are working for them. That should be of some assistance to sponsors in
picking a development company to deal with.

cheers

andrew