Re: How to submit a patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: How to submit a patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Based on my observations, there's basically three different workflows a patch
> can follow (assuming the patch gets committed in the end)

This list was so good that I used it as the basis for a new page on the
wiki:  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

I just did a big cleanup of the whole developer's area there.  Rather than
the nested mess there before, there's now a fairly complete entry page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information

That should have the majority of what most people are looking for.  The
previous "project management" page was collapsed into the above.  There's
still a "Development projects" subpage there, but that's fairly specific
to people who know what they're looking for I think.  The "March
Commitfest" section might be slimmed down a bit after the May one is
better defined.

One small change I'd suggest on the main site:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/coding links to
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_and_Contributor_Resources which
is now a redirect to the above page.  I separated out the advocacy
contributors to their own section which made the longer title unneeded.
It would be nice one day to change that to use the shorter
Development_information URL instead.  It would also be worth considering a
direct link to that URL in the manual, I believe it will remain stable
now.