Re: Test lab - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Test lab
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

>> I never got the database tests in SysBench to produce useful results
>> [because of deadlocks]
>
> hmm I have not seen that and the recent freebsd related scalability
> benchmarks(http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/)  seem to indicate
> that it seems to work quite well at least for some stuff.

After digesting those, I note that the FreeBSD tests were using
--oltp-read-only which doesn't do any database writes--so no ROW EXCLUSIVE
locks either.  I was using things like the "complex" setting, and it was
the UPDATE statements in there that didn't work right when I last tested.