Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> Phew, this can go on for a while :)

My scope from the beginning was not to do a feature comparison.  That's a
gigantic mess, and there are pages out there who cover that material
fairly well already.  All I wanted to hit are the very basic SQL/engine
issues that tend to be misrepresented (often because the pages are
outdated) when comparing the performance/reliability tradeoffs of the main
database core of each system.  Clustering, character sets, random features
that aren't key parts of the SQL spec--not really topical here.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions about the join complexity section,
I expanded that section based on all the messages that went by today and
am happy now with how it covers that topic.