Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

> What seems to be happening is that at some specific number of
> connections average throughput drops 30% and response time quadruples or
> worse.

Could you characterize what each connection is doing and how you're
generating the load?  I don't know how productive speculating about the
cause here will be until there's a test script available so other people
can see where the tipping point is on their system.