Re: [HACKERS] choose_bitmap_and again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strangely Variable Query Performance) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Steve
Subject Re: [HACKERS] choose_bitmap_and again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strangely Variable Query Performance)
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> Maybe it would be interesting to see in detail those cases that got a
>> bit slower, to further tweak the heuristic if necessary.  Is the extra
>> time, time spent in planning or in execution?
>
> Since there doesn't seem to be vast interest out there in testing this
> further, I'm going to go ahead and apply the patch to get it out of my
> working directory.  We can always tweak it more later if new info
> surfaces.

     Doing my routine patching seems to have exploded my mail server,
sorry for not replying sooner!

     I don't actually have planning vs. execution time statistics from
the older version for the queries in question -- there were not 'problem
queries' and therefore were never really analyzed.  My customer's already
dragging me off to another issue, so I've got to shift gears.

Appreciate all your work -- thanks again!!! :)

Steve