Re: [HACKERS] choose_bitmap_and again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strangely Variable Query Performance) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Steve
Subject Re: [HACKERS] choose_bitmap_and again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strangely Variable Query Performance)
Date
List pgsql-patches

> Can you find any cases where it makes a worse choice than before?
> Another thing to pay attention to is whether the planning time gets
> noticeably worse.  If we can't find any cases where it loses badly
> on those measures, I'll feel comfortable in applying it...

     I'll see what I can find -- I'll let you know on Monday if I can
find any queries that perform worse.  My tests so far have shown
equivalent or better performance so far but I've only done sort of a
survey so far ... I've got plenty of special cases to test that should
put this through the paces.

Steve