Re: build/install xml2 when configured with libxml - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: build/install xml2 when configured with libxml
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I don't think it should go away until we provide for equivalents in
> core, at least optionally.

Well, if we're going to make libxslt an explicit thing, then it'd be
trivial to add an xslt transformation function into the core, and then
I think we can claim equivalent support.  But we'll have to check the
details, of course.

I have been thinking, however, that I don't want to add more and more
library dependencies into the server.  libxml2 was necessary to some
extent.  But xslt functionality could easily be provided as a module.
This would be easy to do and might be useful even for 8.3.  But I don't
really know how to label that.  Having a contrib/xslt alongside
contrib/xml2 would probably be confusing.  Ideas?

--
Peter Eisentraut