Re: Load distributed checkpoint V3 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Load distributed checkpoint V3
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Unfortunately because of the recent instrumentation and CheckpointStartLock
> patches this patch doesn't apply cleanly to CVS HEAD anymore. Could you fix
> the bitrot and send an updated patch, please?

The "Logging checkpoints and other slowdown causes" patch I submitted
touches some of the same code as well, that's another possible merge
coming depending on what order this all gets committed in.  Running into
what I dubbed perpetual checkpoints was one of the reasons I started
logging timing information for the various portions of the checkpoint, to
tell when it was bogged down with slow writes versus being held up in sync
for various (possibly fixed with your CheckpointStartLock) issues.