Re: Fix mdsync never-ending loop problem - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Fix mdsync never-ending loop problem
Date
List pgsql-patches
While skimming over this I was baffled a bit about the usage of
(InvalidBlockNumber - 1) as value for FORGET_DATABASE_FSYNC.  It took me
a while to realize that this code is abusing the BlockNumber typedef to
pass around *segment* numbers, so the useful range is much smaller and
thus the usage of that value is not a problem in practice.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to clean this up by creating a
separate typedef for segment numbers, with its own special values?