Re: tsearch2 for 7.3.X - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: tsearch2 for 7.3.X
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > > I mean, the end user - the person entering the search string on the
> website
> > > won't know that syntax...
> >
> > You always could rewrite user query to that syntax.
>
> That's why I said it would be a cool feature!  Saves every web designer from
> writing the conversion code for their site - you just provide a function to
> do it...

feel free to write such conversion fuction and share with us.
The problem is that there are many user oriented query languages and
it's difficult to recognize which conversion funcion to use.

> Chris

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83