Re: GPL Licence - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Antti Haapala
Subject Re: GPL Licence
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 24 Feb 2003, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 22:48, Ben Clewett wrote:

> > Please help me.  I need to understand how you see the bounderies of the
> > GPL licence.
> >
> > I want to use PostgreSQL as the server of a commercial (non GPL)
> > application. All PostgreSQL components will be clearly marked GPL with
> > URL to sourse code, and readable GPL, to the satisfaction of PostgreSQL.
>
> PostgreSQL is licensed under the BSD license, so it is perfectly OK to
> do with it pretty much as you please.

One thing I think it doesn't grant is the permission to distribute it
under GPL!  It also means that you must not mark them as GPL... because
those licenses are conflicting. ;-) (Or I'm not sure... but who wants to
change it to GPL anyway)

--
Antti Haapala