Re: How to create dictionaries for tsearch - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: How to create dictionaries for tsearch
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Paulo Jan wrote:

> Hi all:
>
>     I have read the documentation for the tsearch module, specifically the
> part about creating custom dictionaries for different languages using
> the "makedict.pl" script. What I don't understand, though, is where do I
> get the lists of stopwords and endings for each language. Do I have to

which languages ?

> write them myself? Is there some reference website where I can get that
> kind of information for a given language?

Google is your friend.

I'd recommend to use OpenFTS (openfts.sourceforge.net) for full text searching
which has support for ispell dictionaries and snowball stemmers,
which have support for spanish.

>                         Paulo Jan.
>                         DDnet.

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83