Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Diana Eichert
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Howdy

    A question, if you still have some code in the source that
originated at Berkeley how do you change the license?

    Do you breakout new code from old code and have a different
license for old vs. new code?

> I'm against any change in license, except for the upcoming extension of
> hte copyright dates to include our work (one of my projects for the new
> year)...PostgreSQL will always be open source...BSD vs GPL doesn't change
> that...Postgres is a BSD project that we, as a community, have extended to
> where it is now...as long as there are ppl developing on it, the source
> will always be available too, and I really can't see development really
> ever stopping (too many ppl are having too much fun)...
>
> The BSD license has served us perfectly for the past 4+ years, and I
> haven't heard, over those years, any argument to the effect that it won't
> continue to serve us perfectly for the next 4+ years...

Diana Eichert
VP Technical Services
Nothing in Particular at the Moment, Inc.
deichert@wrench.com