Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From
Subject Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I would love to see this happen but they are already quite different and
drifting further apart every day.  I am trying integrate parts of the real
PostgreSQL into threaded postgres as time permits.

I think threaded postgres could serve as a vehicle for testing the
relative value of using threads, but trying to merge patches would be a
major task.  I found the interesting marketing white paper the covers
PostgreSQL, Illustra, Informix, DSA ( using threads ), and Datablade
extensions. If
nothing else, it shows that PostgreSQL extension model can be used in
threaded environment.

www.databaseassociates.com/pdf/infobj.pdf

Myron Scott
mkscott@sacadia.com