Re: [GENERAL] postgres libpq library - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgres libpq library
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Massimo Pichini wrote:

> I guess that the postgres it-self is not designated as a multi-threaded
> server. I was wondering if the library is instead thread safe (i.e.: if
> it can be safely called from multi-threaded applications).

That's a definite no.

I'm not even sure if there is a chance of cleaning that up in finite time,
after all many C libraries are not very thread-safe either.

Perhaps this CORBA stuff that has been thrown around lately can help
there, but that's merely in the proposal stage right now.