Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Rolf Grossmann wrote:

> not read the psqlrc file when given the -f option. Alas, the regression
> tests don't use -f but send the file in via stdio. So I think this
> behaviour is The Right Thing, but the regression tests should be fixed
> (probably to use -f).

But the output of "-f" vs "<" differs, in particular "-f" gives you error
messages like
psql:inputfile:lineno: ERROR: ...

and I believe no one wants to fix up the regression tests in that
direction, after we already did it once.