Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Rolf Grossmann
Subject Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0
Date
Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

on Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:47:36 +0100 (MET) Peter Eisentraut wrote
concerning "Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0" something like this:

> Well, don't I look stupid here. Once upon a time I recall to have fixed
> exactly this issue, apparently it snuck back in.

> If you run psql in non-interactive mode the psqlrc file shouldn't be read
> at all. Unless people want that flag, but I don't like that better.

After doing some more experimenting, I noticed that psql does (indeed)
not read the psqlrc file when given the -f option. Alas, the regression
tests don't use -f but send the file in via stdio. So I think this
behaviour is The Right Thing, but the regression tests should be fixed
(probably to use -f).

Bye, Rolf