pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

today I decided to look at postgres log file ( -d 2).
We use postgres as a database backend to apache+modperl server.
I notice  messages like:
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
What does it means ?

StartTransactionCommand
query: select a.msg_id, h.status_set_date, a.title, a.msg_path, c.name from mes
ProcessQuery
CommitTransactionCommand
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also I'm curious about postmaster's activity:

proc_exit(0) [#0]
shmem_exit(0) [#0]
exit(0)
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: reaping dead processes...
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: CleanupProc: pid 21507 exited with status 0

This message appears too often - I have in httpd.conf
MaxRequestsPerChild 5000, so I expect new httpd children  after 5000 requests
and new postgress process accordingly (I use persistent connection
between httpd and postgres).
Regards,
    Oleg

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83