Re: [HACKERS] don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: [HACKERS] don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I also got this message with UNION  and distinct.
I've tested 6.5.2 and 6.5.3. Current (6.6 or 7.0 ?) works fine

select  distinct a.msg_id, c.status_set_date, c.title            from Message_Keyword_map a, messages c, keywords d
      where c.status_id =1 and d.name ~* 'sun'  and a.key_id=d.key_id            and c.msg_id=a.msg_id        union
  select distinct  a.msg_id, a.status_set_date, a.title            from messages a where a.status_id = 1 and a.title ~*
'sun';

NOTICE:  equal: don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal
Oleg
This  is with postgres 6.5.3
On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 15:57:52 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>
> To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
> Cc: pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal
>
> I think someone changed the database schema.  Try cvs update then
> initdb.  Could it be that the row of type circle is causing it?
>

> I don't get that here, and 719 is certainly a strange number to be
> getting
>
> > ... yeah, me neither.
> >
> > Hi all, I have an interesting one for you today. I'm writing a new \dd
> > command (one that actually works), and I have come across the following
> > situation:
> >
> > SELECT DISTINCT a.aggname as "Name" FROM pg_aggregate a
> >   UNION ALL
> > SELECT DISTINCT p.proname as "Name" FROM pg_proc p
> >   UNION ALL
> > SELECT DISTINCT o.oprname as "Name" FROM pg_operator o
> >   UNION ALL
> > SELECT DISTINCT t.typname as "Name" FROM pg_type t
> >   UNION ALL
> > SELECT DISTINCT c.relname as "Name" FROM pg_class c
> > ;
> >
> > (It doesn't make much sense as it stands, but I have picked out the
> > offending parts.)
> >
> > I get
> > NOTICE:  equal: don't know whether nodes of type 719 are equal
> >
> > Actually, I get several of these. Depending on the number of select
> > clauses, I get 1 for the third, 2 for the 4th, 3 for the 5th, etc. So the
> > above query gives me 6 notices. A query with only two select clauses gives
> > me none.
> >
> > Without the DISTINCTs everything goes fine.
> >
> > Now this seems to have something to do with a lack of an equal operator
> > for the type "name", right? Interestingly enough, the type name has oid
> > 19, whereas type 719 is "_circle", or what does the 719 refer to?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >     Peter
> >
> > --
> > Peter Eisentraut                  Sernanders vaeg 10:115
> > peter_e@gmx.net                   75262 Uppsala
> > http://yi.org/peter-e/            Sweden

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83