[SQL] CREATE TABLE (fwd ): again! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ingrith Andrea Correa Vargas
Subject [SQL] CREATE TABLE (fwd ): again!
Date
Re: [SQL] CREATE TABLE (fwd ): again! owner-pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org: BOUNCE pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org  ("Gene Selkov Jr." <selkovjr@mcs.anl.gov>)
List pgsql-sql
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:06:28 -0500 (GMT+5)
From: Ingrith Andrea Correa Vargas <i-correa@uniandes.edu.co>
Subject: [SQL] CREATE TABLE (fwd ): again!

Hello all!

I beleive that somebody knows how to answer my question...please!!

Make me a favor, please: Im going to send to you what I did, can you see
that and tell me what could be bad?!.

The example is:

CREATE TABLE emp (code INT4
  , name VARCHAR(20)
  , salary INT4
  , 2salary INT4 default double_salary(emp)
);

CREATE FUNCTION double_salary(emp) RETURNS INT4
AS 'SELECT $1.salay * 2 AS result' LANGUAGE 'sql'
;

ERROR:  parser: syntax error at or near ")"

Function double_salary receives an 'emp' , as you see, and there is the
error, because if I change parameter 'emp' by a number, the error doesn't
appear.

How can I do?!

The origin of this question is that I want to know if a subclass inherits
all atributtes from the parent, included functions like double_salary in
my example.

Can you help me?!...

Thank you in advance.

// Ingrith :)