Re: [SQL] Foreign Key ?? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Fabio Mancinelli
Subject Re: [SQL] Foreign Key ??
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, David Jackson wrote:

>     CONSTRAINT  NAME_FK FOREIGN KEY (client_name)
>         REFERENCES client(client_name)
> );
> This results in FUNCTION NOT IMPLETEMENTED error.

Yes, that's true. There is no built-in referential integrity in
PostgresSQL. Anyway there are two "external" functions in the contrib/spi
directory which implement the referential integrity.
You can use these functions via triggers.

All the docs and the sources are in the contrib/spi dir in the source code
distribution (v6.4), I don't remember if they are also available in the
v6.3 source code distibution.

Bye.

 Greetings from Fabio Mancinelli   E-Mail : mancinel@univaq.it
 Computer Science Student                   xenon@olografix.org