Re: patch adding new regexp functions - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jeremy Drake
Subject Re: patch adding new regexp functions
Date
Re: patch adding new regexp functions
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> > * Comments like "/* get text type oid, too lazy to do it some other way
> > */" do not exactly inspire confidence :)
>
> Surely the code was just using the TEXTOID macro?  If so, it does not
> require a comment.  If not, it should be fixed ...

Nope, it does get_fn_expr_argtype(fcinfo->flinfo, 0);  The too lazy remark
was that I thought there may be a better way (like the macro you
mentioned) but did not go looking for it because I already had something
that worked that I found in the manual.  If you like, I can put together
another patch that removes the param_type members from the structs and
hardcodes TEXTOID in the proper places.  BTW, should I be calling
get_typlenbyvalalign on TEXTOID or are there macros for those also?

>             regards, tom lane

We're only in it for the volume.
        -- Black Sabbath