Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeremy Drake
Subject Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

>  another icc crash                                                    | 2007-02-03 10:50:01 |     1
>  icc "internal error"                                                 | 2007-03-16 16:30:01 |    29

These on mongoose are most likely a result of flaky hardware.  They tend
to occur most often when either
a) I am doing something else on the box when the build runs, or
b) the ambient temperature in the room is > ~72degF

I need to bring down this box at some point and try to figure out if it is
bad memory or what.

Anyway, ICC seems to be one of the few things that are really succeptable
to hardware issues (on this box at least, it is mostly ICC and firefox),
and I apologize for the noise this caused in the buildfarm logs...

--
American business long ago gave up on demanding that prospective
employees be honest and hardworking.  It has even stopped hoping for