Re: PostgreSQL site, put up or shut up? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: PostgreSQL site, put up or shut up?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Dave Page wrote:

> > On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Dave Page wrote:
> > >
> > > Total Hits 1339547
> > > Total Files 1064536
> > > Total Pages 324346
> > > Total Visits 58178
> > > Total KBytes 2712883
> > >
> > > In other words, 2.7Gb in 8/9 days.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure I'd call that noise :-)
> >
> > It's irrelevant.  The portal and idocs aren't being mirrored
> > and the question was about mirrors.
>
> It's not irrelevant. The original question was a complaint about the ads
> and why we have them - this shows the amount of traffic we get for a
> small portion of the site which can give some idea how busy other bits
> of the sites might get.

the second was about mirrors.  As far as your numbers go, wait a few
months and look again.  Any time there's a major change it'll get busy
and then settle out.  Combine that with everyone talking about it and
you'll have even more traffic as folks get curious and go look.

Vince.
-- Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
http://www.unknown-artists.com       Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.