Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 29 Nov 2002, Ryan Mahoney wrote:

> Scroll down and read the rest of, it's an excellent announcement!  If
> the website and mirrors made mention of the release (as of 8:19PM CST
> they don't!) and the message was sent to all the mailing lists, there
> would probably be less confusion.  When I read the announcement I was
> very impressed and went straight to www.postgresql.org.  Once I got
> there, I wondered if maybe the announcement had been sent by accident!

When I'm looking for content in a message if I don't find it in the
first few lines or even on the first page, I move on.  But like I said,
had you really bothered to read it, it did not resemble a traditional
release announcement.

I don't intend to debate this any further.  I've just about filtered
the junk out of the announcement and should have it on the website in
a few mins.

Vince.
--   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com        Internet radio: It's not file sharing,
it'sjust radio.