Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > > Marc claimed he'd put out the announcement on pgsql-announce, but that
> > > copy of the message never arrived here (it did show up on pgsql-general
> > > though).  Evidently you and Vince never got it either ...
> >
> > After alot of searching I did find it.  It wasn't exactly what one would
> > expect a PostgreSQL release announcement to look like.
>
> Huh?  I thought it was the best one yet!  The quotes, the example cases and
> large users, links to advocacy and HISTORY.  It was excellent.  A better
> emphasis on marketing as well as technical improvements.

Glad you liked it.  But that doesn't change the fact that it obscured the
release to the point that many people didn't even know it was released.
I found out by folks complaining about broken links.

Vince.
--   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com        Internet radio: It's not file sharing,
it'sjust radio.