Re: DNS change for candle.pha.pa.us - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: DNS change for candle.pha.pa.us
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > I have moved my main computer to my new house.  The DNS is still being
> > > updated, but the new IP address is:
> > >
> > >     207.106.42.251
> > >
> > > Vince, would you update the developer's page and change
> > > 'candle.pha.pa.us' to this fixed IP address.  It may take a few days for
> > > the IP to completely propogate.
> >
> > Looks like someone already got it.  I just got back into town and am
> > catching up.
>
> No problem.  Marc got it. I think we can revert it back in a day or two.
> It takes 2-3 days to propogate and I am getting my email through the
> normal IP now so it must be pretty much resolved.  Marc cleared up a
> misunderstanding I had of whether the IP ported for me by .US was a
> problem if it was wrong but if my NS's had it right.

We can always put in a dns entry for something like candle.postgresql.org
and point it to whatever you have.  That way if your isp goes and changes
things again we can make the quick change and all is done.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking     http://www.camping-usa.com      http://www.cloudninegifts.com  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
 http://www.unknown-artists.com